Adaptability is a central challenge to business. The ability to effectively capitalize on changes within the market and the industry is what sets companies up for success.
Understanding this need, Alex’s practice of 35+ years has comprised flexibility, efficiency and a commitment to the success of our clients. The wealth of experience that he is able to draw upon lends itself to helping our clients proactively address legal and corporate challenges for the growth of their business.
- Acted for TELUS in 2018 sale of iconic TELUS Garden office and retail complex in downtown Vancouver
Vancouver Airport Authority
- Advising in connection with the Canada Line Rapid Transit public private partnership
- Structuring the establishment of the McArthur Glen Outlet Centre
Surrey CC Properties Inc.
- Leasing of a major office and retail development
Because clients require solutions on which they can make decisions and take action, Alex provides advice on what is timely and practical in a business sense.
|Share sales||Public-Private partnerships|
|Corporate business structures||Mergers and acquisitions|
Alex is analytical by nature. He critically evaluates agreements and contracts, identifies issues and acts on opportunities to execute successful transactions.
Alex has worked for clients on the front lines of novel initiatives that support the development of Vancouver and the province. This includes:
- Converting BC Ferry Corporation from a Provincial Crown Corporation to a private company owned by a statutory authority
- Advising the Vancouver International Airport Authority in connection with the Canada Line Rapid Transit public private partnership
- Establishment of a public private partnership to operate a radio pharmacy
Alex recognizes that once legal issues are overcome and companies are able to be proactive, their business will grow. Alex takes on an advisory role in helping our clients reach that state, achieving their goals with practical and dynamic legal solutions so that they can operate profitably and grow successfully.
Awards & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Corporate Law and Commercial Leasing Law, 2012 - 2021
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, Repeatedly recommended, 2019-2020