David is a business and M&A lawyer with over 20 years of experience advising clients on the purchase and sale of businesses, venture capital investments and other strategic transactions. He works with clients across several industries, with a particular specialization assisting technology and emerging companies, enterprising families, and Indigenous-owned businesses.
David’s expertise in M&A and financing transactions naturally lends itself to British Columbia’s hub of emerging companies. He has worked with some of the provinces’ most prominent success stories, particularly in the technology industry, throughout their life cycle on financing deals, structuring, and M&A.
H&H Total Care Services
- $300+ million sale of H&H’s portfolio of eight senior living residences across British Columbia and Alberta
Holding SOPREMA Canada Inc.
- Acting for the purchaser of Can-Cell Group of Companies with facilities and operations across Western Canada
BBTV Holdings Inc. $172M IPO
- Acting as issuer counsel on BBTV’s $172M initial public offering of subordinate voting shares on the TSX and concurrent buy-out of majority shareholder’s interest in BroadbandTV Corp. and corporate restructuring.
David is also fascinated by the dynamics of multi-generational family enterprises and legacy building. He utilizes his M&A and financing background, along with his status as a certified Family Enterprise Advisor, to provide legal advice to enterprising families. He helps his clients in this area with the purchase and sale of operating assets, minority and strategic investments in private companies, impact investing, and long-term business continuity.
David is committed to Reconciliation and is passionate about assisting Indigenous and Indigenous-owned clients in acquiring businesses and engaging in all manner of commercial transactions.
|M&A transactions||Corporate structuring and reorganizations|
|Venture capital and private equity transactions||Shareholder and partnership agreements|
No matter what industry David’s clients operate in, he can develop the agile business strategies they need to grow and prosper. The most rewarding and fulfilling aspect of David’s work is when his clients tell him they have received significant value for his services.
Awards & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Technology Law, 2019 - 2022
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, Repeatedly recommended