Ask questions, embrace change and keep it practical. These are the standards that guide Jeff’s work in helping our clients with outsourcing their business processes and large-scale technology projects, ranging from systems integration deals and transitioning to the cloud to hardware purchases and technology commercialization.
Counsel to BC government-owned corporation
- Legal advisor on mobile application, website development and business transformation initiative
- Provided Canadian Anti-Spam Law advice on automated email delivery system
Legal advisor to BC government ministry
- Lead counsel on project relating to the procurement of application management services for core financial and accounting software suite
Counsel to publicly listed Canadian logistics company
- Lead counsel and negotiator for various business process outsourcing and software licensing agreements
- Advised on intellectual property and technology related issues in respect of acquisition of regional logistics company
Understanding the key factors and pain points of a contract, Jeff deciphers and decodes highly technical information into practical outcomes that benefit all parties.
|Outsourcing agreements||Procurement projects|
|Software and technology licensing||Service and supply agreements|
|Software-as-a-service and other cloud agreements||Regulatory compliance matters|
|Application management services agreements||Privacy law|
|Equipment purchase and leasing arrangements||Anti-spam law|
Having practiced law in Australia, Jeff is strengthened by diverse experience. Understanding what it takes to be successful and competitive in a global context, Jeff’s international experience allows him to help our clients complete complex transactions on-budget, on-schedule and across jurisdictions.
While in Australia, Jeff seized the opportunity to work in-house with several organizations and authorities. This experience gave him the ability to understand business operations and challenges, returning that valuable commercial insight to our clients. Examples include:
- Advising a public transportation authority on large-scale technology projects, intellectual property issues and bus, rail and ferry contracts
- Working closely with the liquor regulator to draft and implement legislation based on new government policies and provide assistance with liquor licensing issues
- Assisting a business unit of a government department with contract management issues relating to core business functions and software licensing agreements
Jeff’s cross-sector commercial experience allows him to see the obstacles and priorities that businesses juggle from the inside, allowing him to understand business drivers and decision-making processes.
Jeff provides value by working to understand each client’s unique business, challenges and goals while ensuring that the advice, contracts and services he provides are business-friendly, accessible and useful for our clients operating in the constantly evolving technology market.Download PDF