Ask questions, embrace change and keep it practical. These are the standards that guide Jeff’s work in helping our clients engage in large-scale technology projects, outsource core business processes and resolve privacy issues.
Understanding the key factors and pain points that arise in complex technology transactions, Jeff provides strategic guidance and advice through the procurement and contracting phases, delivering effective outcomes that benefit all parties. He assists clients on an array of technology projects, ranging from systems integration deals, transitioning to the cloud and technology commercialization to hardware purchases, B2B and online agreements and commercial contracting.
Counsel for health care service providers
- Lead counsel for project to procure province-wide desktop and IT management services
- Legal advisor for procurement of enterprise application management, software development and hardware solution for core health systems
Counsel to leading post-secondary institution
- Advised on procurement and implementation of several cloud-based solutions to meet key teaching, learning and administrative needs
Counsel to BC government ministries
- Lead counsel on project relating to the procurement of application management services for core financial and accounting software suite
- Legal advisor for various software development and software licensing projects
Jeff provides our public sector and entrepreneurial clients with valuable commercial insights aligned to each organization’s unique needs. He has extensive experience working with the government and higher education institutions and a deep understanding of the BC public sector’s business model. He is committed to delivering successful results and advancing their goals.
For our start-up clients, Jeff advises on how to evolve, grow and protect their businesses, from incorporation through commercialization and beyond.
|Procurement projects||Privacy law|
|Software and technology licensing||Equipment purchase and leasing arrangements|
|Service and supply agreements||Anti-spam law|
|Cloud agreements (Saas, PaaS and IaaS)||Intellectual property advice|
|Regulatory compliance matters|
Understanding what it takes to be successful and competitive in a global context, Jeff’s international experience helps our clients complete complex transactions on-budget, on-schedule and across jurisdictions.
Jeff’s cross-sector commercial experience allows him to recognize obstacles that impede progress and identify strategic priorities that achieve objectives. He adds value by making sure that his advice is business-oriented, accessible and functional for our clients operating in constantly evolving markets.Download PDF