Practical legal solutions that achieve tangible business goals. That is what a company needs to succeed. That is what Scott provides. As a results-oriented lawyer, he works closely with our clients to define and efficiently execute the legal steps to protecting their business and moving it forward.
Scott enjoys not only taking on responsibility for important projects for our clients but also providing strategic advice and counsel to meet our clients’ business objectives. Satisfaction for Scott is measured in success of our clients. Legal advice and work is focused on practical results that benefits his clients.
In every endeavor, Scott is a proven leader. Scott was the President of the Conservative Party of Canada from 2016 to 2021.
Reliance Properties Ltd.
- Negotiated construction contracts for residential, commercial and retail projects in downtown Vancouver having values up to $185 million
Cheap Tickets case
- Co-counsel in the successful decision in the Federal Court of Appeal case EMALL.ca v Cheap Tickets & Travel Inc. concerning a dispute over trade-mark registrations and domain names
- Acted as counsel in resolving over $3 million worth of lien claims and related litigation concerning a master planned community in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia
Scott effectively solves complex problems and negotiates significant contractual documents that are key to advancing a client’s business through IP, privacy and construction related actions.
Intellectual Property Services
|Disputes and litigation||Trademark, copyright, patent and trade secret matters|
|Licensing and contractual matters|
|Investigations and complaints before the BC Privacy Commissioner||Policies, contract and compliance procedures|
|Freedom of information requests|
|Disputes and litigation, including builders’ liens||Contracts, including negotiation and drafting|
Solving these issues is just like playing a game of chess—Scott sets up strategic advantages for the benefit of our clients. His approach is one of legal creativity and leadership, which only comes from experience.
Having worked through a myriad of issues from all sides allows Scott to formulate dynamic and tailored solutions that promote growth and efficiency for clients.
The dedication that our clients have toward their businesses is the same dedication that Scott brings toward serving them. He helps our clients accomplish their goals so that their businesses can grow, compete and succeed in the markets they serve.
Awards & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Public Procurement Law, 2019-2021
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Intellectual Property Law, 2020