On October 13, 2022, members of our Employment & Labour group, Andrea Raso and Debbie Preston, hosted a timely and informative 90-minute session exploring emerging employment topics including remote work, foreign workers, privacy requirements, and terminations. Joining them were Scott Lamb, John Soden and Pu Zhang.
Session topics included:
- Remote work: working out of the country or province, changing terms of employment, accommodation issues, along with health and safety.
- Immigration: problems that may arise if employees are working in another jurisdiction, a brief overview of options for bringing employees into Canada to work, along with an update on timelines.
- Privacy: an overview of the changes that employers should be aware of as well as best practices for compliance.
- Terminations: a summary of best practices, specifically a reviewing of obtaining releases from employees.
- Click here for the Powerpoint slides
- Click here for the video