We appreciate that access to capital is critical to business. Our highly skilled lending team advises lenders and borrowers on their debt-based financing needs. Our insolvency team is on hand to provide practical advice where there is financial turmoil. We are recognized and valued by our clients for having the expertise to meet those needs in a responsive, creative and practical manner.
- Acted for major pension funds in relation to:
- Construction and term financing arrangements up to $550,000,000 for a mixed-use project
- A $500,000,000 syndicated project financing for a gas processing plant in northern British Columbia
- Acting for a Canadian Chartered Bank in connection with financing the development of resort properties and golf courses at Whistler and throughout North America, including developing a model for the financing and development of resort properties involving fractional interest ownership structures
University of British Columbia
- Ongoing assistance on financing, expansion and development of UBC lands
We act for lenders, insolvency professionals, debtor companies and other stakeholders who are impacted by insolvency. We also represent domestic and foreign financial institutions, pension funds, corporations, security trustees, private lenders and borrowers on all types of financing arrangements and issues.
- Corporate lending and borrowing
- Advising on appropriate financing and security structures involving various types of borrowers
- Syndicated and participation loans
- Acquisition financing
- Real estate and construction financing
- Project financing
- Financing involving First Nations
- Cross-border and multi-jurisdictional financing arrangements
- Trade financing
- Asset-backed lending
- Mezzanine financing
- Multicurrency financing
- Equipment leasing and financing
- Aviation financing
- Automotive dealership financing
- Debtor in-possession financing
- Restructuring of existing debt
- Enforcement and realization of security
- Complex commercial foreclosures
- Complex bankruptcy matters and CCAA proceedings
- Corporate restructuring transactions
We have comprehensive expertise in commercial lending and borrowing transactions as well as insolvency and restructuring strategies. This experience allows us to successfully advise on and understand financing from both a profit and risk perspective. Additionally, our work in both Canadian and American banking, insolvency and restructuring law enables us to assist our clients on cross-border matters.
We have a service-focused view to helping our clients be successful, understanding their needs and providing practical and strategic solutions in a responsive and timely manner. Our expertise and creativity allow us to identify and solve problems for our clients proactively and with a commercially oriented approach.
We also have strong financial and corporate networks, which means that we are able to promote our clients in the marketplace, connecting them with the right professionals to make their transactions a success.