In the debt finance deals on which Rosemary acts, our clients, whether they be lenders or borrowers, are looking to structure a mutually beneficial relationship amongst themselves. Rosemary enjoys working collaboratively with clients to ensure that they obtain a workable and advantageous position in that relationship.
- Acted for a major Canadian bank in its capacity as lender under a US$1.1billion syndicated loan
- Acted for a major Canadian bank in its capacity as lender of facilities in the aggregate amount of $94,643,000 in connection with the borrower’s corporate restructuring and acquisition of assets in Australia
- Acted for major pension funds in relation to construction and term financing for large shopping centre
- Acted for major pension fund in its capacity as administrative agent and a lender syndicate in relation to $500,000,000 project financing for a gas processing plant
- Represented a major US insurance company in relation to a $90,000,0000 private placement bond refinancing for a renewable energy resource project
Rosemary’s work includes structuring, negotiating and drafting agreements.
|Operating loans||Demand loans|
|Construction loans||Acquisition loans|
|Documentary credits||Syndicated loan transactions|
|Trade financing||Project financing|
|Secured convertible debentures and demand debentures||Structuring and preparing security|
|Financing of various entities, including joint ventures, limited partnerships, offshore entities, trusts, nominees, investment trusts|
Rosemary prides herself on being an approachable, efficient and highly technical lawyer. She has spent a number of years overseas working on highly complex multi-jurisdictional transactions. That experience has greatly helped to expand her knowledge of financial products, as well as provided her with the ability to successfully navigate intricate and multi-faceted debt finance structures.
People who are driven and who have a boundless energy to accomplish their goals inspire Rosemary in her work. She is fortunate to have found this inspiration from many of our clients.
Awards & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Banking and Finance Law, 2019