A solid understanding of BC’s builders’ lien legislation is critical for any construction professional in BC. Clark Wilson LLP’s construction lawyers will take you through the following essential aspects of the legislation as well as answers your lien questions. Our objective is to build on your understanding of the workings of a lien claim in the event that payment issues arise on your project.
- Time Limits for Filing a Lien: Certification, completion, abandonment and termination explained
- Lienable Lands: What does in relation to an improvement mean?
- Quantum of Liens: What constitutes the price of the work?
- Discharge of Liens: How to prepare for timely discharge?
- The Holdback and Liens Against the Holdback: What will come of the Shimco Lien?
- Priorities Between Lien Claimants and other Creditors: Considerations upon insolvency
- Reforms: Prompt payment and interim adjudication