Vancouver is fast becoming an international city, drawing people from all over the world. Years ago, Lauren moved here from China, where she was born, raised and educated. Today, she is one of just a few English-fluent and native-Chinese litigators practicing within a major law firm in Vancouver.
Her cross-cultural background allows her to assist a wide range of clients across a variety of demographics as Vancouver grows more each day into a global hub.
Estate & Trust Litigation
- Represent parties in committeeship applications
- Represent executors or beneficiaries in accounting proceedings
- Represent parties in challenging or defending the validity of Wills
- Represent parties in pursuing or defending Wills variation claims
- Represent trustees or beneficiaries in claims relating to trusts
- Represent parties in probate actions
Estate Planning and Estate Administration
- Assist financial advisors with the estate planning of their high net worth clients from China
- Advise executors on estate administration
- Represent strata corporations in Supreme Court proceedings, arbitrations, mediations and administrative tribunal proceedings regarding diverse condominium disputes including collection of strata arrears, bylaw enforcement, injunctions, governance of the strata corporation, appointment of administrators, and human rights claims
- Assist strata corporations with bylaw review and drafting, resolution drafting, contract review, and provide opinions on diverse condominium issues and interpretation of the Strata Property Act to ensure the orderly administration and governance of strata corporations
After her first university degree in China, Lauren worked for the government of a major tourist city in mainland China. She then gained extensive business experience by owning and operating a private company in Shanghai. Given this cross-disciplinary experience between business and law, Lauren has a unique understanding of our clients’ perspectives and concerns, and how to best meet their needs.
Estate and Trust Litigation Services
|Validity of wills||Wills interpretation|
|Wills variation||Trust formation and terms|
|Passing of accounts applications||Committeeship applications|
Estate Administration and Estate Planning Services
|Probate applications||Estate administration|
Strata Litigation Services
|Any disputes relating to strata corporations|
General Litigation Services
Lauren takes a proactive and empathetic approach to resolving issues. She always has our clients’ best interests as her priority.
Her personal experience in family litigation has helped Lauren to understand and appreciate the emotions and stress involved in litigation. As such, when dealing with the very human issues of wills and estates, Lauren works proactively to mitigate clients’ distress while representing clients tenaciously. Lauren was fast tracked to partnership as a result of her outstanding skillset and her excellent service to our clients.
In addition to her litigation practice, Lauren also assists clients with their estate planning. Her litigation perspective and experience allows her to identify potential loopholes that may open doors for future challenges and to take proactive measures to address issues at the estate planning stage to prevent possible future litigation.
Awards & Distinctions
- Corporate/Securities Law Moot Court National Competition representing University of British Columbia, 2009, 3rd place team