We focus on cases of consequence to our clients. We recognize that as businesses grow, so do the stakes of litigation, with potential effects on both reputation and commercial focus.
As such, businesses and their leaders trust us to provide practical, proactive counsel to guide them through contentious commercial disputes.
Commercial property owner
- Defence and successful resolution of multi-claimant action for $10 million brought by tenants of a large Vancouver shopping centre
Canadian bottled water producer
- Successful defence of oppression proceedings brought by certain shareholders
British Columbia trustee in bankruptcy
- Prosecution of claims arising from multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme
We identify each client’s individual interests and develop specific legal strategies to serve them. We can assemble a team that is right to resolve any business issue, regardless of complexity.
- Commercial contract disputes
- Claims for breach of fiduciary duty
- Professional negligence litigation
- Fraud and conspiracy claims, including claims for extraordinary court relief such as freezing orders and Anton Piller relief
- Oppression claims by officers, directors and shareholders
- Share valuation proceedings
- Partnership disputes
- Director and officer liability claims
- Intellectual property claims, including patent, trademark and copyright infringement claims
- Claims for breaches of restrictive covenants and misuse of confidential information
- Construction and real estate litigation
- Commercial lease arbitration
- Litigation arising from bankruptcy, insolvency and collection matters
- Claims for injunctive relief
- Multi-jurisdictional disputes
- Arbitration and mediation
We give clear, insightful and pragmatic advice, advocate tirelessly for our clients, devise creative ways to solve problems, and love doing it all.