With an entrepreneurial spirit and vast network of business connections, Nafeesa helps our clients reach new pinnacles of commercial growth. She works to understand the goals of businesses and their stakeholders to create legal strategies leading to lucrative outcomes.
Private placement financings
- $13.7 million brokered unit private placement for TSX Venture Exchange listed company
- $13 million brokered subscription receipt private placement for TSX Venture Exchange listed company
- $7 million brokered special warrant financing for private company
- $7 million non-brokered secured convertible debenture financing for TSX Venture Exchange listed company
Financings for start-ups
- Represented an online gaming start-up through their Series A and Series B financings and in negotiating an investment and joint venture with a private equity fund
- Advised start-ups on founders’ investments and friends and family financings
Initial public offerings
- $10 million initial public offering and listing on the TSX Venture Exchange of a Tier 1 Mining Issuer
- $7 million special warrant financing and the follow-on initial public offering on the exercise of these special warrants and listing on the TSX Venture Exchange of a Tier 2 Mining Issuer
If a company is looking to go public, Nafeesa can assist. She has helped numerous clients get listed on Canadian stock exchanges and execute on Initial Public Offerings, Reverse Takeovers and other going public transactions, safeguarding them with creative legal solutions that allow them to take calculated risks to satisfy their business goals. Knowing the law and regulations explicitly, she has the ability to work within this framework to bring about progress and growth.
Nafeesa also works with private companies as they navigate through their growth spectrum. These industries range from technology, health and wellness, mining, transportation, clean energy and venture capital across all life stages. Whether their end goal is growth and retaining ownership, an acquisition, significant private investment or going public, she operates with a business-driven approach to advance their business interests.
Her savvy business background makes Nafeesa an invaluable resource for our clients. Coming from a family of entrepreneurs, she is alive to the challenges businesses face, from financing to personnel to the ideation of products, services and marketing. This background allows her to address client issues from an experienced commercial standpoint.
|Private placement financings of equity securities, debt and convertible debt||Venture capital and private equity investments|
|Initial public offerings||Purchase and sale of businesses, assets and technology|
|Business combination transactions, including plans of arrangement, reverse takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, and share exchange transactions||Joint ventures|
|Corporate reorganizations||Proxy-battles and hostile takeovers|
|Stock exchange listings on the Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, Canadian Securities Exchange, OTCQB and NYSE MKT||Purchase and sale of mineral property interests, mines, mills and the related assets|
|Going-private transactions for public companies||General corporate and commercial matters|
|Transaction structuring||Regulatory compliance|
|Corporate governance||Continuous disclosure requirements|
Nafeesa is a trusted legal advisor whose forward thinking approach caters to clients’ legal needs of today and tomorrow. As the legal and technical landscapes shift in the industries her clients operate in, Nafeesa processes these changes with speed and precision so she can help her clients navigate the changing landscape and stay on course whatever their end goal is.
Nafeesa grew up in an environment where ethics and values were ingrained at an early age. She brings those principles of hard work and dedication to her practice, helping advance the business interests of our clients.