With an entrepreneurial spirit and vast network of business connections, Nafeesa helps our clients reach new pinnacles of commercial growth. She works to understand the goals of businesses and their stakeholders to create legal strategies leading to lucrative outcomes.
BBTV Holdings Inc. - $172 Million IPO
- Acting as issuer’s counsel on BBTV’s $172 million IPO of subordinate voting shares, TSX listing and concurrent buy-out of majority shareholder’s interest in BroadbandTV Corp. and corporate restructuring.
Enthusiast Gaming Holdings Inc. - $198 Million Business Combination and Financing
- Acting as issuer’s counsel on the qualifying transaction of J55 Capital Corp. involving its merger with Aquilini Gameco Inc., Luminosity Gaming Inc. and Enthusiast Gaming Holdings Inc. and the concurrent subscription receipt financing and corporate restructuring, to form one of the largest esports and gaming companies in the world.
Willow Biosciences Inc. - $69 Million Business Combination and Financing
- Acting as counsel for Makena Resources Inc. on the plan of arrangement with BioCan Technologies Inc. and Epimeron Inc. to form Willow Biosciences Inc. and the concurrent financing.
If a company is looking to go public, Nafeesa can assist. She has helped numerous clients get listed on Canadian stock exchanges and execute on Initial Public Offerings, Reverse Takeovers and other going public transactions, safeguarding them with creative legal solutions that allow them to take calculated risks to satisfy their business goals. Knowing the law and regulations explicitly, she has the ability to work within this framework to bring about progress and growth.
Nafeesa also works with private companies as they navigate through their growth spectrum. These industries range from technology, health and wellness, mining, transportation, clean energy and venture capital across all life stages. Whether their end goal is growth and retaining ownership, an acquisition, significant private investment or going public, she operates with a business-driven approach to advance their business interests.
Her savvy business background makes Nafeesa an invaluable resource for our clients. Coming from a family of entrepreneurs, she is alive to the challenges businesses face, from financing to personnel to the ideation of products, services and marketing. This background allows her to address client issues from an experienced commercial standpoint.
|Private placement financings of equity securities, debt and convertible debt||Venture capital and private equity investments|
|Initial public offerings||Purchase and sale of businesses, assets and technology|
|Business combination transactions, including plans of arrangement, reverse takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, and share exchange transactions||Joint ventures|
|Corporate reorganizations||Proxy-battles and hostile takeovers|
|Stock exchange listings on the Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, Canadian Securities Exchange, OTCQB and NYSE MKT||Purchase and sale of mineral property interests, mines, mills and the related assets|
|Going-private transactions for public companies||General corporate and commercial matters|
|Transaction structuring||Regulatory compliance|
|Corporate governance||Continuous disclosure requirements|
Nafeesa is a trusted legal advisor whose forward thinking approach caters to clients’ legal needs of today and tomorrow. As the legal and technical landscapes shift in the industries her clients operate in, Nafeesa processes these changes with speed and precision so she can help her clients navigate the changing landscape and stay on course whatever their end goal is.
Nafeesa grew up in an environment where ethics and values were ingrained at an early age. She brings those principles of hard work and dedication to her practice, helping advance the business interests of our clients.
Awards & Distinctions
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, Lawyer to Watch, Corporate Finance & Securities (2022), Special Edition: Finance and M&A 2022
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, Lawyer to Watch, Mining (2022), Special Edition: Global Mining 2022
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021-2023
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Corporate Law, 2023
- Lexpert-ranked leading Finance and M&A lawyer, 2022