The economy is powered by entrepreneurs who create the innovations, products and services that we use every day. Our clients are these serial entrepreneurs, forging and fostering the global marketplace. We take pride in bringing to our practice the same creativity and ambition inherent to their entrepreneurialism.
We help clients on all manner of transactions and regulatory compliance. Our priority is to add value to their businesses by providing creative and practical solutions and strategic advice that results in commercial growth and success.
BBTV Holdings Inc.
- Acting as issuer counsel on BBTV’s $172M initial public offering of subordinate voting shares on the TSX and concurrent buy-out of majority shareholder’s interest in BroadbandTV Corp. and corporate restructuring.
Pure Multi-Family REIT LP
- $57.5 million Initial Public Offering
- Over $457 million in follow on equity raise
Pure Industrial Real Estate Trust
- $19 million Initial Public Offering
- Over $1.5 billion in follow on equity raise
Whether crafting complex financial transactions, raising capital or structuring tax-efficient transactions, we work closely with our clients to develop innovative solutions that meet their unique requirements and goals.
New regulations, expanded shareholder activism and the impact of social media are just some of the factors forcing boards to evolve. With proactive and expert advice, our lawyers provide senior management, boards of directors and special committees of public companies guidance on best practices for governance and securities compliance and how best to leverage them for growth and success.
- Financings, including public offerings, shelf offerings, cross-border offerings and private placements
- Private equity and debt financings
- Stock exchange listings and compliance for all Canadian and United States stock exchanges and quotation systems
- Corporate reorganizations, reverse mergers, qualifying transactions, plans of arrangement, mergers, amalgamations, acquisitions and divestitures
- Sale of shares or assets of private and public companies
- National, cross-border and other multi-jurisdictional offerings and transactions
- Ongoing regulatory compliance and maintenance
- Corporate governance, including general advice and preparation of policies and charters
- Venture capital and start-up advice, structuring and financings
- Contested transactions, issuer bids, takeover bids, proxy contests
- Agency and underwriter representation
- Conduct of shareholder meetings
- Shareholder meetings, including contented meetings
With several lawyers qualified to practice law in various jurisdictions throughout the United States, we also help companies from all over the world accomplish stock exchange listings, securities issuances and business transactions in the US and Canada. We simplify the process of cross-border transactions by eliminating the cost of having to engage separate lawyers in the US. Our team is particularly experienced with national, cross-border and other multi-jurisdictional securities offerings and transactions.
In addition to business solutions, we offer strategic connections to our clients, bringing together key decision-makers to forge collaborations and build networks that bring success. Our priority is to create workable strategies so that our clients can grow their overall business and compete in the global market.