Delivering value-added service is how our clients conduct business. We appreciate this commitment and provide the same dedication in our business law practice, serving our clients’ needs and creating opportunities for their development and growth.
We offer strategic and comprehensive commercial and corporate legal services to business of all sizes operating in British Columbia and jurisdictions throughout the world. We immerse ourselves in our clients’ business, building and leveraging deep relationships and gaining thorough knowledge, allowing us to recognize issues and resolve them before they become problems that hinder our clients’ ability to operate, profit and serve their markets. When problems do arise, we work with our clients to quickly resolve them in an effective and practical manner.
Vancouver Airport Authority
- Advising in connection with the Canada Line Rapid Transit public private partnership
- Structuring the establishment of the McArthur Glen Outlet Centre
Vedder Transport Ltd.
- Purchase of Keld Transport Ltd.
- Corporate legal counsel to Vedder in British Columbia
ERM Consultants Canada Ltd.
- Purchase of the shares of Rescan Environmental
- Purchase of the shares of RePlan
Our group includes a number of experienced business-minded commercial solicitors, each with one or more areas of business law expertise.
- Business structuring, including corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships, trusts and joint ventures
- Acquisitions and divestitures, including share and asset purchase and sale transactions
- Debt and equity financing
- Cross-border and multi-jurisdictional transactions, including acquisitions of Canadian businesses and assets by foreign purchasers and assisting U.S. and other foreign businesses in establishing Canadian branches and subsidiaries
- Ownership agreements, including shareholder, partnership, co-owner, joint venture and other strategic alliance agreements
- Private equity investments, including passive angel investor investments and venture capital acquisitions involving the retention of management
- Competition law matters, including merger approvals, collusion and other anti-competition allegations and charges
- Corporate governance, including disputes and director liability issues
- General contract matters, including purchase and sale agreements, supply, sale, distribution, licensing, leasing and manufacturing agreements
We consider it a testament to the confidence others have in our abilities that many law firms from across Canada, the United States and other parts of the world have relied on our local experience and advice when their clients require corporate and commercial legal work in British Columbia. We ensure that we provide responsive and practical legal advice that our clients can rely on to grow their business.
We understand that our clients may require the help of other professionals; therefore, we maintain strong relationships with insurance, finance, accounting and M&A advisors to add value for our clients.
Our lawyers provide realistic legal solutions and are supported by partners in our leading securities, litigation, tax, intellectual property, employment and real estate practice groups. This wide ranging expertise and ability helps us provide clients with tailored support for their specific needs, which allows for the continued success of their overall business.