Mining is a global industry, and Vancouver is one of the world’s primary centres for mining company headquarters. Despite the ever-expanding demand for natural resources, tightened environmental regulations and increasing market volatility are placing new strains on mining companies. In this landscape, having counsel focused on future growth, operational efficiencies and cost optimization is indispensable. We understand the global mining industry and are prepared to help clients avoid the hazards that abound in this complex area that acts as an apex for legal, governmental, environmental and business considerations.
We advise on all aspects of work in the mining and resources sector.
- Grassroots property acquisitions and dispositions
- Property option agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Financing, including by the issuance of flow-through shares]
- Consultation with First Nations
- Offtake and product sales agreements
- Earn-in agreements and royalty agreements
- Regulatory compliance, including compliance with National Instrument 43-101
- Due diligence in connection with any property, financing or M&A transaction
- Land and mineral title opinions
- Confidentiality agreements
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Corporate governance advice
Along with responsiveness and creativity, we have industry insight that strengthens our ability to anticipate issues and capitalize on opportunities for our clients. Understanding the twists and turns of the sector and the technical side of the business, we leverage and connect key people, assets, market trends and commodity fundamentals to achieve our clients’ broader business goals.
While the long-term economic outlook for Canada’s mining industry is generally positive and opportunities are expected to grow for mining companies, they must be strategic in their actions. We provide that strategy, helping our clients succeed in today’s mining market.