Given the close relationship between the United States and Canada, we provide our clients with seamless cross-border capital market services. Several of our lawyers are qualified to practice law in various jurisdictions throughout the United States.
We assist our Canadian clients in accessing the U.S. capital market, including:
- Initial public offerings in the United States with concurrent listings on Nasdaq or NYSE;
- Follow-on public offerings, MJDS public offerings and private placement financings in the United States;
- Private placement financings in the United States with concurrent Canadian prospectus offerings;
- Stock exchange listing in the United States, including listings on Nasdaq, NYSE and OTC; and
- Acquisitions of U.S. companies by Canadian and U.S. companies
We also assist our U.S. clients in accessing the Canadian capital market, including:
- Prospectus offerings or private placement financings in Canada in connection with the public offerings or private placement financings in the United States;
- Stock exchange listings in Canada;
- Acquisition of Canadian companies by U.S. companies;
- Advising U.S. companies listing in Canada on compressed share structures to maintain status as a foreign private issuer under United States securities laws
Our clients appreciate our creativity and efficiency in engaging directly with us, therefore removing the need to engage with separate lawyers in the United States and Canada. Our services are particularly effective for the companies in British Columbia’s burgeoning tech sector as they have significant needs for access to the U.S. capital market.
WELL Health Technologies Corp.
- Counsel to WELL Health Technologies Corp. in $70M raised from a U.S. investor in a subscription receipt financing (2021)
The Alkaline Water Company Inc.
- Counsel to The Alkaline Water Company Inc. in an at the market offering (ATM) in the United States (2021)
- Counsel to The Alkaline Water Company Inc. in US$11.5M MJDS public offering (2019)
- Counsel to The Alkaline Water Company Inc. for Nasdaq listing (2018)
U.S. Investment Bank
- Counsel to U.S. Investment Bank in US$25M initial public offering in the U.S. with Nasdaq listing and US$27.2M follow on private placement financing for BriaCell Therapeutics Corp. (2021)