Growth. Change. Dynamism. The principles that embody business are also mirrored in our legal practice as we help our clients advance and succeed in their markets. Our extensive knowledge, experience and expertise means we can guide and assist our clients through the most complex corporate transactions with continued support after the transaction closes. We take the time to understand our clients’ business in order to structure the deal effectively and create opportunities for the growth.
We provide sophisticated advice on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other significant corporate transactions to privately owned businesses of all sizes and across a variety of industries.
- Acquisition and ownership arrangements
- Pre-closing reorganizations of target companies and shareholder vendors
- Debt and equity financings
- Comprehensive due diligence reviews for purchasers
- Sale preparation
- Confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, offers to purchase, share and asset purchase and sale agreements, escrow agreements, assignment agreements, non-compete, non-solicit and other restrictive covenant agreements, earn-out agreements, earn-in agreements, loan agreements, vendor take-back loan agreements, consulting agreements, indemnity agreements, guarantees, employment agreements and other transaction related commercial agreements
- Labour and employment law issues
- Intellectual property law issues
- Regulatory and governmental consents including those required under the Competition Act and Investment Canada Act
- Consents and assignments for lenders, landlords, customers, suppliers and other third-party stakeholders
As a team focused on achieving the best possible results for our clients, we are committed to ensuring transactions close on terms that are favourable to our clients and in a timely manner. In order to accomplish this, we assemble appropriate legal teams for each transaction, drawing upon the expertise of the lawyers in our many practice areas to tailor our service to our clients’ needs.
We guide clients through all stages of the transaction, including, but not limited to, due diligence, drafting the purchase agreement and ancillary documents and attending to post-closing matters that require immediate attention. We have the confidence and experience to handle matters involving highly regulated industries as our transaction experience stretches a wide variety of industries, including:
- Information technology
- Traditional and alternative energy
- Commercial, industrial and resort real estate
- Food services
- Financial and business services
- Entertainment and media
- Professional sports
- Aviation and airport services
- Trucking and transportation
- Infrastructure and road building
Our lawyers also act as outside general counsel to companies in these various industries and are passionate about seeing our clients succeed in their industries.
We have built a reputation on being responsive to our clients’ needs, adding value and creating opportunities for future growth. Our experience and knowledge across many transactions allows us to provide guidance to clients in a pivotal moment in their businesses. It is our priority to provide innovative approaches and individualized attention that bring success to our clients’ transactions.